Friday, July 25, 2008

Good-byes are never easy

In fact, I'm trying very hard not to think about ours tomorrow, when we say goodbye to my Mom and Jack, to my brother and sister, and to all of our friends here in the windy city. Tomorrow at lunchtime we are back on a plane bound for the Northwest - back to my beloved mountains. Back to my dog. Oh yeah, and back to Skippy too.

It's been a wonderful trip. These last few days didn't go quite as planned when a horrible toothache flared up on me Wednesday night, sending me to the ER while all the kidlets slept unaware at home. The dentist here says that I most likely need a root canal back at home but in the meantime, I'm eating 800 mg of Motrin every eight hours like candy. At this point, as long as we all make it back home in one piece, I'm happy.

I really did have every intention of blogging religiously on this trip. But as they say, "the best laid plans of mice and men" blah blah blah....or as I say, "shit happens." But anyway, I will write up a summary of our trip, complete with pictures as soon as I can. Right now I'm more focused on making sure we are leaving with everything that we arrived with, and making sure I don't leave anything important behind like say, the baby.

Lots of love!

No comments: