Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Forgive me, people of the interwebs....

For I have sinned.

It has been....well it's been a long ass time since my last blog.

I've got to tell you, I'm not sure what happened. It's not that I haven't realized that I've fallen behind on my blogging, it's just that we've been busy. Really, insanely, constantly-on-the-go busy. But it's not as if we're busy doing anything that is fantastically interesting. Skippy goes to work. I do laundry. The girls go to school. Chunk says "Mama?" fourteen thousand times a day.

I mean really, contain your excitement people!

In a nutshell, everything is fine in the W house. Our third Oregon winter is hanging on a bit harder than in previous years, and we are all VERY ready for spring. Here's a quick rundown on the whole fam:

Chunk: Continues to be the coolest little boy ever born. He is a constant crack up. New words include "Hello" (pronounced "Heh-wo"), "funny," and the ever popular "I want cheese." He is also fond of grabbing his diaper and telling me "EWWWWWW" after a bodily function and we are gearing up for the great unknown: "POTTY TRAINING A BOY." I am kind of waiting for warmer weather...although why I don't know - it's not as if I'm going to turn him loose in the yard with a bare bum.

He is the busiest child I have every seen and scary-smart. He also has a keen sugar radar - a few weeks ago I had some chocolates hidden in my nightstand drawer. Chunk managed to sniff them out and promptly devoured them. I didn't realize this sad sad fact until I went to get one later that night....and found one wrapper and one half eaten raspberry fig newton that had been left as payment. Some would say at least he traded me something!

Chunker will be two in just a few short weeks! It's hard to believe.


Kbear is also being her normal self, which means she is a cuddly and sweet little monster who is incapable of sitting still. She is in her last few months of pre-school and every day she asks when she gets to start Kindergarten and ride the bus like a big girl. Honestly, I'm still not ready but I'm looking forward to having a great summer with her.

K is probably my most challenging child. She is trouble personified, but also sensitive and sweet. It's hard to chastise a monster who looks like a curly haired angel. She is addicted to hot chocolate from Starbucks and if I'm not careful she's going to put a serious dent in my already-meager coffee budget. She is also very excited to start softball in the spring, even though she has no idea what softball is. And she continues to eat more breakfast than the rest of us combined, before she grazes throughout the rest of her day.

She is sweet and friendly and she is going to make my life a living hell in ten years.


Banana is rockin' school and is doing very well. She is getting unbelievably tall and her hair is getting long. In the mornings I'll catch her brushing it in the bathroom and I am struck at how gorgeous she is. Bree is reading at a second grade level and is doing well in her new math group. She is in the drama club at school and her class is finishing up two week's worth of swimming lessons on Friday.

Banana continues to be my "little mama." She is generous and empathetic and completely over sensitive like her mother. She has developed a nice group of friends at her new school and I honestly think that moving her this year was one of the best things we could have done for her, even if the schedule is a bit of a challenge. I have a lot of opportunities to participate in her activities, from the field trip I accompanied her class on (we saw "Click Clack Moo" in Portland), to attending her "publishing party" to helping out at this Friday's sock hop. She is excelling in everything she takes on and I really feel proud of her.

Currently she is all about her MP3 player. Sometimes when she's walking around the house with her earphones on, I get a glimpse of my teenager in the making. She also LOVES to read - last night we started our first "big" chapter book, Black Beauty. Like K, she is looking forward to starting softball in the spring. Like K, she has no idea how to play. It should be fun.


Skippy continues to enjoy this job at Google. Recently we received his yearly bonus and I am happy to say that we are now officially OUT OF CREDIT CARD DEBT! It wasn't too bad to begin with, but it's nice to have it gone. Now we're tackling some other financial woes of the past and working on saving towards getting out of the rental Amy hates. We are also in the process of saying goodbye to his beloved Grand Prix. With our tax refund we purchased a used Durango that has NOT crunched three deer over its hood on the freeway. It will be sad to let the Pontiac go, but all things must end eventually.

Skippy's travel has been put mostly on hold and we are enjoying having him home. His sleep apnea is also slowly coming under control and he and I are both working on becoming healthy again. I forsee lots of bike rides in our future as the weather improves. We're also going to clean out the garage - something that if he didn't know before, he knows now since he reads my blog.

This weekend we might have a HOT and SEXY date - Banana's school is sponsoring a bingo night - how cute and pathetic are we?


And I guess that leaves me. I've been having some medical ups and downs lately and we are working towards bringing my migraines under control. I was also recently informed that my blood pressure is pretty much out of control so I've just started a new medicine, a beta blocker that will hopefully help with both the BP and the headaches. I've reconciled myself to the fact that I will most likely need some sort of medication for the rest of my life, but if that's the price I have to pay to not have a stroke in my thrities, then so be it. There are worse things in life. Yesterday I had an MRI that left me feeling very uneasy about tight closed in spaces and I'll be happy if I never have to have another one again.

Overall, I am healthy and happy. I'm working on shedding some pounds, working on getting the blood pressure thing on track, and working on sleeping like a normal mother of three instead of like a college kid. I am looking forward to spring and hoping that some of the visits we are discussing with friends and family will work out this year. I still love Oregon...in fact I've come to love it more and more with time and I feel like my family is building a wonderful life out here.

I'm also going to really work at the blog thing. Even if things aren't that exciting, it always feels good to sit down and bang something out on the keyboard.

Let's aim for twice a week for now, okay?

See you soon!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm so glad you updated, because every time I checked your blog I started craving that yummy taco dip. ;c) I love your descriptions of the kiddos and lol about Chunk stealing your chocolate. So something Joey would do! (And he's also addicted to SB hot chocolate). Hope the new meds help the bp and the migraines. i was put on a beta blocker last year specifically to control my migraines and it has really helped. Hang in there!

Katy said...

yay you blogged again!

Mrs. Dyrhaug said...

I'm glad to see you're blogging again!! I love to pop over to your site and see what you all have been up to.

I just started blogging too - you'll have to check it out. dyrhaugdaily on blogspot!

Take care!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great!! You want pie???