Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Owie

I hurt my foot. Went down like a sack of potatoes in the front yard yesterday. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, so send some good foot juju my way. My husband is laid up and my sister comes to visit in three weeks. A hurt foot is NOT AN OPTION.

Dang it.

Open house at B's school tonight. It feels like it wasn't all that long ago that I was going to open house with my parents. How weird to be in the other role, watching my beautiful child show off her seat, and where she hangs her backpack, and where they keep the milk, and here's where we have music Mom, and here's the gym, and there's the apple picture I painted.

I love it. Sometimes I feel like I've just been surviving the baby and toddler years just to get to this part. She's learning, and she's loving that she's learning.

They make me so proud every day.

In other related news, I somehow go roped into being PTA president. Say a prayer or light a candle or something okay? Let's hope I can ride that pony down and not kill myself in the process.

Everyone else is okay. Baby, Middle Child, and Husband are all sleeping. Oldest child is going now. The Boston Legal premiere starts in eight minutes. Business as usual.

Foot update tomorrow.

No comments: