Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And finally, part three of I've been a bad, bad blogger....


Ok. So I'm going to wrap up Sarah's visit in this blog, so help me God.

Thursday was the thrift store and hippie pizza. Friday.....well Friday we did the Google.

Oh yes indeed. Sarah got to go to Google for lunch on Friday. You need to understand that this is a big deal - Skippy's MOM hasn't even been to Google, despite numerous requests. Hell, 90% of The Dalles hasn't been to Google. Plus it was steak, chicken, baked potato and salad bar day and who in the hell can pass that up?

So we took her to lunch. Got her some Google swag. Introduced her to bunches of people, who of course all thought she was adorable. It was really pretty cool. Then we just hung out. Made her a Mii that night on the Wii. Played some Scrabble with Skippy and our friend Amy. Stayed up too late.

Saturday we braved the Harvest Fest one of the farms was having. We survived for about an hour and a half before throwing in the towel. But the kids had fun. Pictures are on picasa of course, or will be shortly. More sister bonding ensued. It was all good.

Sunday brought sleep and soccer. Then we threw a fiesta dinner party with some friends from work and played more scrabble. Ate lots of tacos. Talked about what a kickass week it had been.

Before I knew it it was Monday morning and I had to take her back to good old PDX for her flight home. Goodbyes were hard. We've always been close, but after ten days together in my Oregon-mommy-world, I think we both felt that saying goodbye was kind of rough.

She landed safely in the windy city last night, and I'm sure she's glad to be home. I can't wait for her next visit. Love you boog.

No comments: